Monday, October 17, 2011

Personalized Halloween figurine

 In 2009 my oldest son was an adorable little clown for Halloween. I was so smitten by him in his clown duds that I decided to try my hand at sculpting an 11-inch figurine in his likeness. For nearly two years it sat on my shelf while I took care of more pressing matters (like having another baby). Last week I put some finishing touches on it and I am so glad to have it be part of our Halloween decor this year!  I like the idea of making personalized figurines of my boys as they grow over the years, but seeing as this one took forever to make, they might have to wait for when I don't have two kids in diapers. 

5 comments:

BBC said...

holy smokes!!!! what CAN'T you do??? :)

Rebecca said...

That's adorable and looks so much like Mason!

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh my goodness this is so awesome, you should do commission.
Would luv for my readers to follow this, inviting you to link at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/10/halloween-ideas-and-home-decor-party.html
Thanks
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Carmen said...

I found your blog via pinterest and was just scrolling down the page. I swear at first glance I thought this was a photo of a real child! As someone just starting to get interested in clay and dolls - well this just blows my mind. Absolutely gorgeous!

B. vera said...

Hi Malinda I love your Mason figurine, so beautiful, did you use your paper clay recipe? I will try it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...